You have no items in your shopping cart.
Paper shredders come in handy for many different reasons. The first, and most important, is privacy and protection. However, there are many other reasons that people use paper shredders. Getting rid of clutter and excess paper is an excellent example of why a paper shredder comes in handy. Another great reason is to recycle any unwanted paper that you may have. You may be thinking “How can you possibly recycle paper that has been shredded to small strips?” Well the answer is very simple, by using the paper shreddings to your advantage. These five uses for a paper shredder are reason enough to start saving your paper shreddings.
1. Pet Beds- The pet beds that you purchase in the store, don’t always last very long. Most of them are simply fabrics covers over Styrofoam beads. After awhile, the beads become flattened and therefore the bed is no longer comfortable for your pets. When this happens, you could be stuck sharing your bed with some uninvited guests. Instead of having sleepless nights, stuff the pet bed cover with your leftover paper shreddings. They will provide a thick and comfortable bed for your pet without you losing yours.
2. Fire Starter- Do you enjoy going camping? Or even just sitting by a fire? Then use your paper shreddings to get the fire started quickly.It is safe and a cheaper alternative to purchasing the fire starting logs.
3. Packaging Material- We all have to mail packages at some point and everyone has experienced a box that was too big for the items it carried. To protect the items from getting damaged while shipping, fill the empty space with paper shreddings. They will not only fill up any unused space, but will also create a barrier from any unwanted damage.
4. Gift Bags- Don’t waste your money on tissue paper, use the shreddings from your paper shredderinstead. It is not only practical, but it gives your present a unique flair.
5. Compost- Add the paper shreddings to your compost to help your plants grow. This is especially helpful for greens.
So the next time you shred all of your confidential documents, think twice before emptying the waste basket. Those paper shreddings could definitely come in handy.
Shopping for the Best Air Mattress
For about 5 years in my life, I had to do a lot of moving and even a bit of travel. The longest I've stayed in one residence was for 1.5 years. I lived in small houses, homeowner's attics, apartments, and cramped studio rooms. While traveling, I chose the smallest room possible, most of them with uncomfortable (or questionable) beds. While space may have been tight, one thing I never suffered from was a good night's rest.
The stress of constantly moving, going to college, working, and the occasional travel can take a toll on someone's well-being. Thankfully, I don't look back at those days as being a horrible, stressful time, and I attribute most of that to having restful sleep every night, thanks to my handy air mattress.
My air mattress lasted me many years. I took it with me everywhere, and saved a ton of money by not having to rent trucks to move a huge traditional mattress, as well as being able to stay in smaller apartments due to not needing so much space. Even if no one place was ever "home" for me, my air mattress helped bring that feeling of security and stability since that never changed, regardless of my surroundings.
Possessions, relationships and jobs came and went. However, my investment in a quality air mattress was easily the best decision I ever made. Even today, I keep an extra one on hand for those nights where we have overnight guests, or certain days where I need extra firmness my traditional bed can't cover.
The air mattress you choose today has to satisfy strict requirements. After all, this is your health and quality of sleep on the line! The ability to easily inflate and deflate to adjust to your desired firmness at any time is crucial. Without enough spine support, you can wake up with aches and pains, and it can negatively affect your sleep quality.
A convenient travel bag makes it simple to deflate, fold up and go in a matter of minutes. Time is of the essence for all of us, and shaving off minutes to pack up and go is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. A good travel bag is waterproof, sturdy, easy to carry and fits in any suitcase or duffel bag.
Depending on your usage and lifestyle, the initial investment in a quality air mattress will pay for itself in as little as a few weeks. It's great for singles, those living frugally, travelers constantly on the go, backpackers, and students.
SimplySleeper air mattresses and air beds are the perfect companion for any of the above, and are great to have ar...Read More